Litecoin (CCC:LTC-USD) is on the rise Monday as investors in the cryptocurrency hope it reaches the $400 mark soon.
Source: Wit Olszewski / Shutterstock.com
Litecoin was trading at around $392 this morning and that positive movement could carry it higher. While it already jumped about $400 yesterday, it didn’t stay above that price. Investors are no doubt hoping they can push it higher again and keep it from falling.
Keeping that in mind, we’re taking a look at Litecoin and everything investors need to know about it.
- For starters, Litecoin is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that was created to be open source.
- The creator of the cryptocurrency is computer scientist Charlie Lee.
- Lee was working for Google before it became Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL,GOOG) when he created Litecoin and later went on to have a job at Coinbase (NASDAQ:COIN) for a time.
- The cryptocurrency was an early spinoff of Bitcoin (CCC:BTC-USD) that was made in October 2011.
- While a spin-off of bitcoin, there are various differences between the two cryptocurrencies.
LTC was up 7.9% as of noon Monday over a 24-hour period. The cryptocurrency is also sitting 209.2% higher since the start of the year.
Cryptocurrency lovers have plenty of options to choose from with many of them gaining popularity of late.
That includes new cryptos, as well as some old ones that are gaining steam. A few examples of cryptos worth checking out include Shiba Inu (CCC:SHIB-USD), Dogecoin (CCC:DOGE-USD), Ethereum (CCC:ETH-USD), and Stellar Lumens (CCC:XLM-USD). Investors can learn more about these and other crypto news below.
Monday Crypto News
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article.
The post 11 Things to Know About Litecoin as LTC Investors Hope for the $400 Mark appeared first on InvestorPlace.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.